Pre-mobility task: Mo i Rana
There is just one pre-mobility task. It is a presentation on local waterways in the partner schools´ regions. The presentation should show how people use water sources that are close to Opava, Valencia, Mo i Rana and Skövde. The length of each presentation should be between 15 and 30 minutes.
I am enclosing a list of questions that you can (but need not) deal with in the presentation:
1. What are the most important water areas for your town? (rivers, lakes, the sea – more than one is possible in many cases)
2. How are these areas used?
- a. are they nature reserves?
- b. are they used for industrial purposes?
- · which industries?
- · is this regulated? how?
- · how is cleaning the water ensured?
- c. are they used as relaxation areas for people?
- · are they used for tourism?
- · which facilities are there for people?
- · are these activities limited? how?
- d. are they used for transport?
- * how important are these waterways for the transport in the region?
3. were they used / exploited more or less in the past than nowadays?
4. is there any ongoing public debate concerning these water areas?
- * what is it about?
The questions above are just for inspiration. If your students think of any other way how to present local waters, it will be appreciated.